Invisalign Adelaide – Teeth Straightening
Invisalign Adelaide – Teeth straightening using clear aligners are a fantastic and popular alternative to traditional braces.
At Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry, we are proud to use the innovative Invisalign Go® clear aligners. This system is a proven alternative to traditional metal braces without interfering with your day-to-day life. With nearly 20 years of experience in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry, our professional and dedicated team will ensure you get that beautiful smile you’re looking for should you be a suitable candidate.
Our modern treatment rooms combined with state of the art equipment allow us to offer the best way to straighten teeth, with proven results. If you’re used to the idea of braces, you’ll be surprised with just how easy it is to achieve straight teeth with Invisalign Go®.
Invisalign: Almost Invisible Braces That Don’t Get In the Way
Our team consists of trained dental professionals as well as experienced and friendly support staff, making Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry an excellent Invisalign Adelaide Go® orthodontist choice in Adelaide.
When you visit our dental practice, we will give you an initial consultation where we will discuss your teeth and the results you’re hoping for. We will only recommend treatments that are suitable for you, and if Invisalign Go® is the right fit, we’ll set up a detailed and customised treatment plan.
We will then take digital impressions of your teeth for our records, also sending them to the Invisalign Go® labs for processing and analysis. These impressions allow us to create a 3D image of your teeth, which is used to create your nearly invisible braces.
Benefits of Invisalign Go® Treatment
Other than providing stellar results, the Invisalign Go® treatment also provides a wide range of additional benefits:
- Customised or you: Each set is made just for you.
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, our clear aligners can be removed. This means you have no food restrictions!
- Comfortable: The wires you’re used to seeing with traditional braces are uncomfortable and irritate the gums. Invisalign Go®, on the other hand, gives you a comfortable and pain-free experience.
- Almost Invisible: The aligners are almost invisible, so no need to worry about unsightly braces. People won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth!
How Does Invisalign Go® Work?
- The Invisalign Go® treatment consists of near-invisible removable aligners that are worn by our patients daily. Each treatment cycle lasts two weeks, after which you get a brand new set.
- You’ll always receive aligners that have been specifically manufactured to your teeth and bite.
- Every time an aligner is replaced, your teeth will move ever so slightly as a result of the new configuration. Over time, the final position, as agreed during your initial consultation, will be reached.
- The entire process is monitored by Align Technology’s ClinCheck® software programme, meaning results are always optimal and precisely calculated.
Invisalign Go® Treatment Guidelines
- Invisalign Go® involves a series of clear and removable aligners that gently and gradually move your teeth into position.
- For optimal results, you agree to wear your Invisalign Go® clear aligners during the day and at night.
- You understand that the only instances where they should be removed are when eating, brushing or flossing your teeth.
- You agree to follow the instructions given by your dentist to achieve the results you’re looking for within the anticipated time frame.
Case Study 1: Invisalign Go®
- Invisalign Go®
- Traditional orthodontic treatment with braces
Treatment Options Chosen:
- The patient chooses Invisalign Go®
- We explain to you that there will be follow up appointments throughout the treatment and schedule these.
- We also, explain that there is a retention retainer after finishing Invisalign Go® that keeps your teeth straight.
*Images are of actual Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry patients
So how does the procedure work? It’s simple
At Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry the doctor assesses every case. The doctor will check the health and the positioning of your teeth to see if you will be a suitable candidate for Invisalign Go® in Adelaide.
Initial Consultation and Assessment
- Meet with our team and discuss Invisalign Go®
- We will take record photos to see if you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign Go®.
- Your options are then discussed based on your individual circumstances.
We take Digital Scan
We will then take digital impressions of your teeth for our records, before sending them to the Invisalign Go® labs for processing and analysis.
Ongoing Monitoring using Clincheck™
- At your next appointment, we will go through your results.
- You will be able to see how many attachments are required and how many aligners you will be given.
- If you are happy with the outcome and proposed treatment plan we then can proceed with the order of making your aligners.
- We will bond your set of attachments and go through the instructions on how to care for your Invisalign Go®.
- Follow up appointments from start to finishing treatment will occur every 4-6 weeks.
- After finishing all your aligners and you are happy with your result.
- We will remove your attachments and take another set of Impression to make your retention retainers.
What to expect during/after treatment
How Long Does the Treatment Last?
Considering that each patient is carefully analysed for their specific case, it would be impossible to give a blanket duration period for your treatment. However, the average full treatment lasts approximately 3-9 months.
This is called ‘refinement aligners’, it can only be determined at the end of the first series of aligners. At your last aligner, we will check your Clinicheck to see If your finishing result matches the result that was shown on the Clincheck.
For Invisalign Adelaide to work, we will need to place tooth coloured attachments onto your teeth. Attachments come in all different shapes and sizes to move a certain tooth way. Everyone who has Invisalign has attachments but where they are placed is designed specifically for you.
Retention at end of treatment
After completing Invisalign Go®, you are required to maintain the position of your teeth. To do this, you are required to wear a retainer at bedtime, and this will be a lifetime commitment. The reason why you need to wear a retainer at night is that your teeth will naturally want to move back to the original position.
20+ years of Experience
900+ Smiling& Happy Clients
We Accept All Major Health Funds
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Invisalign Go and traditional braces?
Invisalign Go uses virtually invisible clear aligners to straighten your teeth, whereas traditional braces use metal wires and brackets. Not only is Invisalign Go more comfortable, it also looks so much more appealing to the eyes. Need I say more?
How long does Invisalign Go treatment take?
Each case is different. It depends on your particular situation. Your Invisalign Go treatment plan is customised for you. The length of your treatment time will depend on the degree of movement your teeth require. Some Invisalign Go treatment time can be as short as 3-6 months. Now, that’s a clear aligner system that’s both efficient and effective!
Can I go to any dentist for Invisalign Go treatment?
NO. Only dentists who have completed specialised training and are accredited can become qualified Invisalign Go providers. In fact, Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry is proud to be one of the first qualified Invisalign Go providers in South Australia.
Can I still indulge in my favourite food and drinks during my treatment period?
Of course! This is the beauty of the Invisalign Go clear aligner system compared to traditional braces, it works around your lifestyle rather than disrupts it. As long as you remove your Invisalign Go aligners before you eat and drink, you can continue to enjoy all the good things in life and wine and dine as you wish. However, to prevent bad breath and poor hygiene, it is advisable to brush and floss your teeth after every meal before inserting back your clear aligners.
Will Invisalign Go aligners affect my ability to talk?
At the beginning of your Invisalign Go treatment, you may not be used to having the aligner in your mouth so some “s” and “z” sounds might be hard to pronounce. After a few days, you will quickly get used to it, and your tongue and mouth will adapt to it to enable you to speak normally.
Can I still choose Invisalign Go even after I’ve had a treatment done using traditional braces?
You might not be completely satisfied with your result after your orthodontic treatment using traditional braces. Or you might find that your teeth have relapsed after the removal of your braces for some time. In either case, Invisalign Go is the perfect solution for you to re-align your teeth once again without the need to put traditional metal braces back on.
Is Invisalign Go treatment painful?
Most people will feel a bit of discomfort for the first few days with each new set of Invisalign Go aligners. This is good because you want to feel a bit of tightness from the aligners, this means the aligners are doing what they are supposed to do: moving your teeth to the desired position, so of course you will feel a bit of pressure in the beginning. This slight discomfort is nothing compared to the pain caused by the metal wires of traditional braces.
What is the difference between Invisalign Go and the original Invisalign system?
Invisalign Go treatment time can be as short as 3-6 months whereas the original Invisalign treatment time may require 2-3 years. Invisalign Go is also a lower-cost option.
How often do I need to wear my Invisalign Go clear aligners?
It depends on how good you want your result to be. We generally advise our patients to wear their Invisalign Go clear aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day. The aligners should only be removed for eating, brushing or flossing purposes.
How often do I need to have a regular review with my dentist during my Invisalign Go treatment?
Usually about once every 6 to 8 weeks, depending on your progress, to make sure that your treatment is going well and according to plan.
Will my Invisalign Go aligners fall out by accident?
That would be very embarrassing, wouldn’t it? Don’t worry; your Invisalign Go aligners are custom-made for you only so they are designed to fit your teeth snugly. They will not fall out by accident when you talk, laugh or sleep.
Get In Touch
(08) 8213 1821Order NumberFirst NameMobileEmail AddressDental ServiceDental ServiceAmalgam ReplacementBroken teeth or chipped teethCrooked TeethDental ImplantsFake looking crowns or dental veneersGaps between TeethGum diseaseJaw Joint PhysiotherapyLaser DentistryLaser Gum Lifts and Gum ReshapingMinimum Intervention White FillingsOral hygiene treatmentPorcelain Crown & BridgePorcelain Dental VeneersSensitive teethTeeth WhiteningTooth Bonding and ReshapingUnsightly Silver fillingsWorn down teethYellow or discoloured TeethAsk a Question / Request an appointmentI would like to: Make an EnquiryBookCall Us: (08) 7120 2719
Adelaide Cosmetic Dentistry
Our Practice Hours
|Monday||8:45 am- 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:45 am- 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:45 am- 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:45 am- 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:45 am- 4:00pm|